Changes in version 1.0.1:
- Fixed comment tags which were outputing as '<?--' instead of
the correct '<!--'.
- Implemented the Next and Prev methods of the TiXmlAttribute class.
- Renamed 'LastAttribtute' to 'LastAttribute'
- Fixed bad pointer to 'isspace' that could occur while parsing text.
- Errors finding beginning and end of tags no longer throw it into an
infinite loop. (Hopefully.)
Changes in version 1.0.2
- Minor documentation fixes.
Changes in version 1.0.3
- After nodes are added to a document, they return a pointer
to the new node instead of a bool for success.
- Elements can be constructed with a value, which is the
element name. Every element must have a value or it will be
invalid, but the code changes to enforce this are not fully
Changes in version 1.1.0
- Added the TiXmlAttributeSet class to pull the attributes into
a seperate container.
- Moved the doubly liked list out of XmlBase. Now XmlBase only
requires the Print() function and defines some utility functions.
- Moved errors into a seperate file. (With the idea of internationalization
to the other latin-1 languages.)
- Added the "NodeType"
- Fixed white space parsing in text to conform with the standard.
Basically, all white space becomes just one space.
- Added the TiXmlDeclaration class to read xml declarations.
Changes in version 1.2.0
- Removed the factory. The factory was not really in the spirit
of small and simple, confused the code, and was of limited value.
- Added FirstChildElement and NextSiblingElement, because they
are such common functions.
- Re-wrote the example to test and demonstrate more functionality.
Changes in version 1.2.1
- Fixed a bug where comments couldn't be inside elements.
- Loading now clears out existing XML rather than appending.
- Added the "Clear" method on a node to delete all its children.
Changes in version 1.2.2
- Fixed TiXmlAttribute::Previous actually returning "next." Thanks
to Rickard Troedsson for the bug fix.
Changes in version 1.2.3
- Added the TIXML prefix to the error strings to resolve conflicts
with #defines in OS headers. Thanks to Steve Lhomme.
- Fixed a delete buf that should be a delete  buf.
Thanks to Ephi Sinowitz.
Changes in version 1.2.4
- ReplaceChild() was almost guarenteed to fail. Should be fixed,
thanks to Joe Smith. Joe also pointed out that the Print() functions
should take stream references: I agree, and would like to overload
the Print() method to take either format, but I don't want to do
this in a dot release.
- Some compilers seem to need an extra <ctype.h> include. Thanks
to Steve Lhomme for that.
Changes in version 2.0.0 BETA
- Made the ToXXX() casts safe if 'this' is null.
When "LoadFile" is called with a filename, the value will correctly get set.
Thanks to Brian Yoder.
- Fixed bug where isalpha() and isalnum() would get called with a negative value for
high ascii numbers. Thanks to Alesky Aksenov.
- Fixed some errors codes that were not getting set.
- Made methods "const" that were not.
- Added a switch to enable or disable the ignoring of white space. ( TiXmlDocument::SetIgnoreWhiteSpace() )
- Greater standardization and code re-use in the parser.
- Added a stream out operator.
- Added a stream in operator.
- Entity support, of predefined entites. &#x entities are untouched by input or output.
- Improved text out formatting.
- Fixed ReplaceChild bug, thanks to Tao Chen.
Changes in version 2.0.1
- Fixed hanging on loading a 0 length file. Thanks to Jeff Scozzafava.
- Fixed crashing on InsertBeforeChild and InsertAfterChild. Also possibility of bad links being
created by same function. Thanks to Frank De prins.
- Added missing licence text. Thanks to Lars Willemsens.
- Added <ctype.h> include, at the suggestion of Steve Walters.
Changes in version 2.1.0
- Yves Berquin brings us the STL switch. The forum on SourceForge, and various emails to
me, have long debated all out STL vs. no STL at all. And now you can have it both ways.
TinyXml will compile either way.
Changes in version 2.1.1
- Compilation warnings.
Changes in version 2.1.2
- Uneeded code is not compiled in the STL case.
- Changed headers so that STL can be turned on or off in tinyxml.h
Changes in version 2.1.3
- Fixed non-const reference in API; now uses a pointer.
- Copy constructor of TiXmlString not checking for assignment to self.
- Nimrod Cohen found a truly evil bug in the STL implementation that occurs
when a string is converted to a c_str and then assigned to self. Search for
STL_STRING_BUG for a full description. I'm asserting this is a Microsoft STL
bug, since &string and string.c_str() should never be the same. Nevertheless,
the code works around it.
- Urivan Saaib pointed out a compiler conflict, where the C headers define
the isblank macro, which was wiping out the TiXmlString::isblank() method.
The method was unused and has been removed.
Changes in version 2.1.4
- Reworked the entity code. Entities were not correctly surving round trip input and output.
Will now automatically create entities for high ascii in output.
Changes in version 2.1.5
- Bug fix by kylotan : infinite loop on some input (tinyxmlparser.cpp rev 1.27)
- Contributed by Ivica Aracic (bytelord) : 1 new VC++ project to compile versions as static libraries (tinyxml_lib.dsp),
and an example usage in xmltest.dsp
(Patch request ID 678605)
- A suggestion by Ronald Fenner Jr (dormlock) to add #include <istream> and <ostream> for Apple's Project Builder
(Patch request ID 697642)
- A patch from ohommes that allows to parse correctly dots in element names and attribute names
(Patch request 602600 and kylotan 701728)
- A patch from hermitgeek ( James ) and wasteland for improper error reporting
- Reviewed by Lee, with the following changes:
- Got sick of fighting the STL/non-STL thing in the windows build. Broke
them out as seperate projects.
- I have too long not included the dsw. Added.
- TinyXmlText had a protected Print. Odd.
- Made LinkEndChild public, with docs and appropriate warnings.
- Updated the docs.
- Fixed an uninitialized pointer in the TiXmlAttributes
- Fixed STL compilation problem in MinGW (and gcc 3?) - thanks Brian Yoder for finding this one
- Fixed a syntax error in TiXmlDeclaration - thanks Brian Yoder
- Fletcher Dunn proposed and submitted new error handling that tracked the row and column. Lee
modified it to not have performance impact.
- General cleanup suggestions from Fletcher Dunn.
- In error handling, general errors will no longer clear the error state of specific ones.
- Fix error in documentation : comments starting with "<?--" instead of "<!--" (thanks ion_pulse)
- Added the TiXmlHandle. An easy, safe way to browse XML DOMs with less code.
- Added QueryAttribute calls which have better error messaging. (Proposed by Fletcher Dunn)
- Nodes and attributes can now print themselves to strings. (Yves suggestion)
- Fixed bug where entities with one character would confuse parser. (Thanks Roman)
- Additional testing (no more bugs found to be fixed in this release)
- Significant performance improvement to the cursor code.
- User Data are now defined in TiXmlBase instead of TiXmlNode
- Character Entities are now UCS-2
- Character Entities can be decimal or hexadecimal
- UTF-8 conversion.
- Fixed many, many bugs.
- Fixed bug in handling nulls embedded in the input.
- Make UTF-8 parser tolerant of bad text encoding.
- Added encoding detection.
- Many fixes and input from John-Philip Leonard Johansson (JP) and Ellers,
including UTF-8 feedback, bug reports, and patches. Thanks!
- Added version # constants - a suggestion from JP and Ellers.
- [ 979180 ] Missing ; in entity reference, fix from Rob Laveaux.
- Copy constructors and assignment have been a long time coming. Thanks to
Fokke and JP.
- Made the IsAlpha and IsAlphaNum much more tolerant of non-UTF-8 encodings. Thanks
Volker Boerchers for finding the issue.
- Ran the program though the magnificent Valgrind - http://valgrind.kde.org - to check
for memory errors. Fixed some minor issues.
- Fixed crash when test program was run from incorrect directory.
- Fixed bug 1070717 - empty document not returned correctly - thanks Katsuhisa Yuasa.
- Bug 1079301 resolved - deprecated stdlib calls. Thanks Adrian Boeing.
- Bug 1035218 fixed - documentation errors. Xunji Luo
- Other bug fixes have accumulated and been fixed on the way as well; my apologies to
authors not credited!
- Big fix / addition is to correctly return const values. TinyXml could basically
remove const in a method like this: TiXmlElement* Foo() const, where the returned element
was a pointer to internal data. That is now: const TiXmlElement* Foo() const and
- Fixed additional const errors, thanks Kent Gibson.
- Correctly re-enable warnings after tinyxml header. Thanks Cory Nelson.
- Variety of type cleanup and warning fixes. Thanks Warren Stevens.
- Cleaned up unneeded constructor calls in TinyString - thanks to Geoff Carlton and
the discussion group on sourceforge.
- Improved string class, thanks Tyge Lovset (whose name gets mangled in English - sorry)
- Type cast compiler warning, thanks Rob van den Bogaard
- Added GetText() convenience function. Thanks Ilya Parniuk & Andrew Ellers for input.
- Many thanks to marlonism for finding an infinite loop in bad xml.
- A patch to cleanup warnings from Robert Gebis.
- Added ValueStr() to get the value of a node as a string.
- TiXmlText can now parse and output as CDATA
- Additional string improvement from James (z2895)
- Removed extraneous 'const', thanks David Aldrich
- First pass at switching to the "safe" stdlib functions. Many people have suggested and
pushed on this, but Warren Stevens put together the first proposal.
- TinyXml now will do EOL normalization before parsing, consistent with the W3C XML spec.
- Documents loaded with the UTF-8 BOM will now save with the UTF-8 BOM. Good suggestion
- Ellers submitted his very popular tutorials, which have been added to the distribution.